Dr L. TEONE REINTHAL
Address PO Box 3399 South Brisbane 4101
CURRENTLY – Proprietor/Creative Director TRNP – Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume (2010 – 2018)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOC/S –
Full Writer Member – Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) Author, Playwright, Musician, Director, Visual Artist, Performing Artist.
2014 Ph.D (Humanities), Griffith University
2008 Master Arts/Hons – Media Production – Griffith Film School
2006 & 07 Griffith Award for Academic Excellence
2006 Graduate Certificate – Visual Arts – Queensland College of Arts
2004 Dip Clinical Hypnosis (DKSH) Brisbane
2002 Dip Clinical Aromatherapy (AIAS) Brisbane
GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
- 2014 – Awarded Griffith (School of Humanities) Postgraduate Publication Award
- 2012 – Recipient of Griffith University’s Joint Research Excellence funding to attend the Visual Aspects of Performance conference, Salzburg, Austria
- Awarded Australian Scholarships Foundation Scholarship to attend the Australian Institute of Company Directors Not-for-Profit Board Course (Arts Organisations)
- Awarded Access Arts SAAFE Grant (2010 and again in 2012)
- Awarded AEL Postgraduate Scholarship (2010 – 2013)
- 2008 Awarded Professional Development grant (Arts Queensland) to produce GOSSMAMER ROADS a film about the ‘Salaam Project – profiling Islamic Women’s Arts and culture’ pilot documentary for Access Arts and IWAQ
- 2005 Awarded Regional Arts Development Grant by Arts Queensland and PRSC to develop ‘Belongings‘, a cross-cultural multi-media visual arts project
FILM FINANCE and PROJECT STAKEHOLDERS:- Queensland Government’s Department of Communities (Youth Justice), Queensland Government’s Office for Women, Queensland Health, Arts Queensland, Logan Beaudesert Health Coalition, Griffith University, Access Arts, the Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts, Mununjali Jymbie Centre (Beaudesert), Gurriny Yealamucka Health Centre (Yarrabah), Wollumbin Dreaming Festival (Tyalgum NSW), Stylin’ Up, Yugambeh Dreaming Centre, North West Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Association, Rio Tinto, The Australia Council, The Dreaming Festival and the Islamic Women’s Association of Queensland.
* Blue Colour, Kicking the Can and Rain Painting exhibited with panel discussion at the 2010 Dreaming Festival – an International 4 day festival of Indigenous performances, lectures, ceremony, films and celebrations. 3 members of my cast and I conducted a radio broadcast interview for National Indigenous Radio.
* Spoken word selections from ‘The Bitter Pill’ an anthology of my prose and poetry invited for presentation in the 2010 Queensland Poetry Festival “Spoken in one strange word” at the Judith Wright Performaing Arts Centre.
2015/16 FILM and THEATRE
The Serpent’s Book of Lamentations (SboL) – Wrote, Directed and Independently-produced this play – Metro Arts (The Studio) Jan 2016, Backstories – short feature film included in SboL, Methuselah – short feature film (in production)
2012 FILM PROJECTS & COMMISSIONS
What’s A Team? – Mununjali Indigenous Community Development – Beaudesert, Finding Hope – Sufi community supporting the poor in New Delhi, Alpana’s Children – Interview with Guru Alpana Nayak on dance and disability, New Delhi India 2012
2009 – 2011 FILM COMMISSIONS
Blood Stories (showreel for Indigenous performer Ailsa Walsh), The Dharjums Camp (doco for Mununjali Jymbi Centre), Kicking the Can (doco about chroming, substance abuse and Indigenous youth culture), Rain Painting (drama), Yugambeh Youth (doco & digital stories) – Queensland Health & Mununjali Jymbi Centre & Yugambeh Dreaming), Herbs on the Hill.
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE & MENTORSHIP FILMS (2010 – 2011)
Satyagraha – What if words could speak 2011 spoken word/drama/theatre, The Joynt, West End,YVE (improv/drama), The WEEVILS (improv/drama), Falling in Love (drama), Touche (drama)
2008/9 FILM COMMISSIONS
Bukal Bunya Yarrabura – Women’s Leadership Training in Yarrabah (doco for the Office for Women & Yarrabah Community), Gossamer Roads – a film about the Salaam Project (doco for IWAQ, Access Arts and Arts Queensland), ACPA promo 2008 and 3 episodes of The Edge (ACPA class drama/improvised experimental TV series), Just Love Them… Positive Parenting in Yarrabah (Drama and Doco for Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services Aboriginal Corporation). Videographer for ‘Reflections, Referendum and 40 years to the future – QPAC 2007/2008 The Aboriginal Centre for Performing Arts, ACPA promo docos and photographs showcasing the school’s lead-up to the graduation performance for 2007 & 2008
2008 INDEPENDENT PRODUCTIONS
Aquarium 1 & 2 Drama (Peel Island), Contracts (short drama), Teralba to Musgrave (short doco about the Stolen Generations & PM Kevin Rudd’s apology). Blue Colour – half-hour short feature drama about reconciliation and perceptions of ‘difference’. Blue Colour nominated for the 2008 Warner Roadshow Best overall film of 2008 & the QUT Best 2008 Tertiary Drama QNFA awards.
2007 INDEPENDENT PRODUCTIONS
Mary Graham speaks…about the Aboriginal World View – a Cultural Awareness training documentary, Reconciliation at the Ration Shed – effects of referendum for Cherbourg community, Water Spirit Dreaming & Fire Mountain – sacred initiation site documentary with Bundjalung elder Uncle John Roberts for Wollumbin Dreaming Festival 2007, Bundjulahm – the Art of Patsy Nagas
INDEPENDENT & COMMUNITY THEATRE & PAINTING EXHIBITIONS
The Serpent’s Book of Lamentations (SboL) 2015-2016
SALAAM PROJECT – film ‘Gossamer Roads’ and paintings – Brisbane Square Library – July & August 2009.
PEEL ISLAND – Artist’s Residencies College Gallery S’bank April 09 (Reviewed Courier Mail)
THE CLOTHPLANT – April and May painting exhibition at the Green Oven 2008
FOREST FOR THE TREES SPOKEN WORD PERFORMANCE WITH STEVE REINTHAL Mt Nebo December 2006 (Reviewed) and Green Oven Cafe March and April 2007
UNITED ARTS collaborative exhibition of 10 Bris artists – Kookaburra cafe Paddington 2006
POSTGRADUATE EXHIBITION the Whitebox – Griffith University October 2006
ENTANGLEMENTS – one-woman show – painting exhibition The Green Oven February and March 2005
NECTARSONGS – SPOKEN WORD & Visual Arts Exhibiion – Womenspace, Kedron 2005
LA SELVA SAGRADA – one-woman performances and exhibition, Samford Performer’s Café & Bahai’ Fundraiser 2005
DARK & DISHEVELLED SPOKEN WORD Samford Performer’s Café 2007
THE WEDDING CLOTH SPOKEN WORD Womenspace – Kedron 2005
RAINBIRDS LIVE THEATRE Samford and Mt Nebo 2001