Teone’s professional background arises from various creative fields, including professional music, theatre, ABC TV, advertising and graphic design.
Receiving the Griffith Award for Academic Excellence in 2006 & 2007, Teone frequently works in partnership with talented composer and music producer Steve Reinthal. In addition to video as art media, Teone has produced an extensive collection of paintings and sculptures, many of which include commissioned works in private collections in Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A., China, Holland, Germany and PNG.
- 2014 – Awarded Griffith (School of Humanities) Postgraduate Publication Award
- 2012 – Recipient of Griffith University’s Joint Research Excellence funding to attend the Visual Aspects of Performance conference, Salzburg, Austria
- Awarded Australian Scholarships Foundation Scholarship to attend the Australian Institute of Company Directors Not-for-Profit Board Course (Arts Organisations)
- Awarded Access Arts SAAFE Grant (2010 and again in 2012)
- Awarded AEL Postgraduate Scholarship (2010 – 2013)
- 2008 Awarded Professional Development grant (Arts Queensland) to produce GOSSMAMER ROADS a film about the ‘Salaam Project – profiling Islamic Women’s Arts and culture’ pilot documentary for Access Arts and IWAQ
- 2005 Awarded Regional Arts Development Grant by Arts Queensland and PRSC to develop ‘Belongings‘, a cross-cultural multi-media visual arts project